Doing Business Downtown
Whether you’re just starting to think about a business venture in downtown Port Hope, already firmly established, or planning for your succession, connect with local resources and partner programs to meet all of your business goals.
We strongly recommend your first point of contact is with Port Hope’s Economic Development Department, located at the Development Team Office: 5 Mill Street Port Hope, ON L1A 2S6. You can email them here or call 905-885-2431.
Providing a full range of services and resources, Economic Development can help you with:
- Business attraction through community promotion, marketing, networking and contact development.
- Business Retention through a wide range of support to assist in fostering sustainability and growth.
- Business Expansion through sourcing federal and provincial funding programs and providing liaison with appropriate government agencies.
- Location promotion for business attraction.
- Assistance with property and building site location and selection.
- Development of partnerships to promote, support and sustain growth.
- Maintaining current statistical, demographic and economic data on Port Hope.
- Providing assistance with funding sources, government contacts and other business implementation and expansion considerations.
Property Owners - Talk to us before renovating or investing in a downtown property. We can help you understand municipal requirements and share resources that are available to you.
Business Owners - Talk to us about the resources available to help your business grow.